Thursday, May 27, 2010

Unpredictability

One part of Lyme that I find challenging is the unpredictable nature of it. For example, I have been feeling awesome for the last few months. I've been working hard, getting things done, having a good time, getting out and about, sleeping well, nearly pain free, and managing to have a decent amount of energy. Then, from the depths creeps up insomnia, knee pain, fatigue, stomach funk, headache, and general funkiness. Booooo! Go away you are not welcome in my body!

Over time I have figured out that certain things make me feel worse and that certain things help me to feel better. I try to keep up on the things that make me feel great, but even so, no matter how well I take care of myself the funk always returns and I never see it coming.

I know this is hard for people in my life as well. I have a hard time committing to things in advance and can only participate in certain types of events. My social life is a shadow of what it used to be. My husband never knows what he's returning home to. One day I might be dancing around the living room and the next week I'm flat on my back watching movies all day long.

I don't feel bad for my situation. I hope no one else does either. I understand and accept what is happening. I am just challenged by the return of symptoms which had previously vanished. It would be really nice if I could just slowly get better and better instead of being on a physical and emotional roller coaster. I guess life with Lyme really is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I'm learning to be patient, to live in the moment, and to accept each day and what it brings. I'm grateful for the good in all of this and I know one day I'll feel better again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...