Saturday, May 1, 2010

Lyme Disease Awareness Month

May is Lyme Disease Awareness month and to participate I will be posting more information then usual about Lyme Disease. I will share both general information and my personal journey. I have two goals in doing this. The first is to educate and share knowledge. If my sharing can help just one person in any way then it will be worth it. I especially hope that this information will be useful to you so that you can protect yourself and your family from experiencing what I have been through, rephrase, what I am experiencing. The second goal I have is really more of a hope. I hope that sharing my story in will increase your understanding of what is happening for me and how it affects my life including my relationship with you.

I do not intend to complain or drone on about how bad my situation is. I have come to a place where I have accepted, for the most part, what is happening and I'm simply trying to make the best of an unfortunate situation. I also understand that my experience with Lyme is nothing compared to the pain and suffering many others deal with on a daily basis.

I just want to practice my love of education and participate in spreading awareness about Lyme Disease. Please understand that some of the information I share may be considered controversial. I'm not interested in arguing with anyone or debating my experience. I am however, willing to talk with you, answer your questions, and try to explain what I can. I just want to share what I have learned and I hope you will be able to see that it comes from a place of concern and caring. If I said nothing and someday one of you became sick with Lyme I would regret not sharing what I can. If I had really understood more about Lyme I might have gone to see a doctor much sooner and things might be different today.

To kick off Lyme Awareness Month I'd like to share this video from you tube. It gives a general overview of Lyme Disease. Thanks For watching and I encourage you to spread the word this month. I hope you have a happy and healthy May and enjoy the wonderful weather that is sure to come.

Thanks for your time, love, patience, and understanding. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...