Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lyme Awareness Month Conclusion

With Lyme Awareness month officially over, I want to acknowledge other people whose lives have also been affected by this disease, my friends and family. The sacrifices, adjustments, dealing, processing, helping, supporting, caring for etc. take a toll people I love just as much as being ill does on me.

The sacrifices others have made are endless and I want to say THANK YOU! Every thing you do for me no matter how insignificant it may seem is a wonderful blessing to me. I want you to know that I understand that

■Helping those that can’t always help themselves is tiring
■Always being worried and conscious of my needs is mentally exhausting
■Knowing that vacations and family holidays may not be feasible is disappointing
■Absorbing medical expenses or compensating for lost income is worrying
■Accepting that my lifestyle is limited and different from before is heartbreaking
■Knowing you can’t do more for your child/friend/loved one is devastating

Even though it can be difficult in a lot of ways, so many of my friends and family have stepped up and contributed in numerous ways that have truly made a big difference for me.

Though I may not be able to express my appreciation like we once did, your efforts never go unnoticed and are always appreciated.

Because of your efforts and understanding, I am stronger and I will get better.

You all are truly amazing.


An extra special thank you goes out to my wonderful husband who has done and continues to to a million small yet incredibly significant things for me each day and who also steps up in so many enormous ways. I wish things weren't they way the are, but I'm sure glad that I have you by my side. I couldn't fight this fight without you as my coach. I love you.

PS. I hope that my sharing has provided you with information that you can use to keep yourself and you family safe. I don't want any of you to ever truly know what this experience is like.

2 comments:

  1. You are a champion, sometimes I forget my patients as I deal with my own issues surrounding you living with Lyme, one day you will feel better and we will have heaps of fun living life to the fullest until then we will still live to the fullest we can. Yawno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emiliano,
    Thank you for reading my blog. I know it is really hard for you to live your dream while I'm not feeling well and I'm sorry to have had to put things on hold with me. I appreciate you more then you can know and what you to have the best you can from this unfortunate situation. Thanks for loving me so very much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...