I apologize to those of you who follow along and have been wondering what is going on.
Let me begin by saying that I'm fine. No need to worry.
When I ask myself why I haven't written anything, the thing that comes to mind most often is that I'm just so very sick of being sick. I've been avoiding writing about my experiences as a way of detaching from everything going on. I'm guessing some of you can relate to needing some space from it all and trying to live a "normal" life.
In the fall we moved. We found out that our house had a mold problem and that I was being affected by it. When we moved I tossed out a huge stash of empty pill bottles that I had been saving as evidence of what the last few years have been like. I decided to toss them out because I wanted the move to be a fresh start and I didn't wan to bring my illness with me. Out of curiosity, I counted the empty bottles and discovered that I had saved 170 of them!
In addition, I discovered that I'm starting to miss some of my blog friends. Although I've never met most of you, we sure know a lot of intimate details about each other. The support we give and get is unlike any other. Thanks for being my blogging friends.
A lot has happened in the last several months and I want to catch you up to were I am now. I think the quickest and easiest way for me to do that is a bullet list so here goes.
- We moved into a newer, cleaner, warmer, bigger, and mostly likely mold free (if that's even possible) condo and we LOVE it!
- I'm having more better days that are better then ever and my bad days usually aren't quite as bad or as often when compared to last spring when the dystonia first kicked in
- I have a new LLMD who does ART (autonomic response testing) or muscle testing and is helping me make progress. The bonus is that his office is only a block and a half from the new house!
- I have a new chiropractor and no longer have to travel to SF for any doctor visits HOORAY!
- The new chiro also does craniosacral, frequency specific microcurrent, nutrition consults, and is a shaman so I'm getting a lot of support from her as well
- I finally got approved for SSDI!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best news ever!
- Along with that I now have Medicare
- I was able to get my student loans forgiven because of my disability (currently in probation so nothing is final there, but at least I don't have to pay anything right now)
- I'm exercising a little bit every now and then. A walk around the block, or a few bicep curls every now and then is all I can do without going into a tail spin, but hey, it's better then nothing
- I'm taking fewer pills and more tinctures and have a smaller protocol overall
- My test results are slowing improving
Please feel free to leave comments and ask questions. I'd be happy to talk about any of this, especially if will help you understand what my life is like or support you in your process of moving closer to health.
Love, health and happiness to all of you!