Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Alternative Approarch

I had another visit with my Lyme Literate Dr. yesterday. I received another score from the CD-57 test. This test measures the strength and functioning of my immune system. My score has gone from 60 to 69 and now is back down at 57. The goal is to get me into the 200 range. She has said that any given person's score can range up to 30 points in a given day, but what we see here so far is that I'm not getting any better. This matches up with how I feel, which is pretty much the same as I have for the last year. Some days good, others not so good. I've developed a nasty oral thrush infection, which likely means that I have systemic yeast. This is mostly from the antibiotics I've been taking for the last 6 months with help from my diet. I didn't realize that I eat so many foods that are hi glycemic. Carbs + sugar = YEAST.

The new plan for now is for me to take 2 weeks off from the antibiotics. This should help me have time to detox and get rid of the oral thrush. While taking 2 weeks off I will only take my probiotics, sleep aids, an immune booster, antifungal pills and antifungal lozenges. I am also going to be trying a natural protocol for killing Lyme and related co-infections. The protocol calls for consuming continuous quantities of pure salt and vitamin C. It sounds weird, but bacteria can't live in a saline environment and the vit. C helps with detox and supports the immune system. If this works i should have a herx reaction from this treatment as well.

Right now I feel tired and light headed and am having a hard time maintaining my train of thought. I'll check in regularly. In the meantime if you want more information about yeast infections or the salt/C protocol check out these links.
PS. Thanks for your support, it really helps.

http://www.sheilashea.com/candida.html

http://www.fettnet.com/lymestrategies/groupnew.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...