Monday, September 17, 2012

Muscle Testing and Biofeedback Confirmation

Last week I had an appointment with my LLMD and I told him all about my visit with the naturopath and what she uncovered with her biofeedback testing.  He was really intrigued and listened closely while I explained what she had uncovered.  He ran me through his normal list of muscle testing for me and added in a few things to explore this new info.  I was really excited when their testing was in synch with each other.  It's always so validating when two different practitioners with very different testing methods come up with pretty much the same results. These are the results from my muscle testing.

This is on a scale from 1-5 then 0.
Remember that 1= really bad problem  3= active and needs work 5= barely detectable 0= not present
In other words, the higher the number the healthier I am, but the ultimate goal is all zeros.


Test                    Dec '11      1/12       4/12          5/12      7/5     7/31    9/12

Lyme                   4                 4            2               1            0       0          0 

Babesia               3                 2            2                3           5       3           0

Bartonella           3                 2            2                3            0      3           0

Parasites             0                 1            5                0            0       3           4

Viruses               4                 3            3                4            4                    4

Mycoplasma      4                 4            4                4            5       5           4

Yeast/mold/fungi  3              3            4                4            3       3           3

Bacteria             3                 2            3                4            2       2            4

Neurotoxins       4                4                              4            3       2            3

Metals                4                4                               4           3                     3



Interpretation:

AWESOME!  He didn't find ANY signs of active infections of Lyme, Bartonella, OR Babesia!  This is great.  It doesn't mean that they are totally gone, just that they aren't active right now.  If the naturopath was right then it's possible that I really don't have bartonella any more and I just have eggs of the Lyme and Babesia.  When I asked my LLMD if I should be on something to kill them if they do hatch he said that if there are still eggs they will only hatch if the environment if favorable for them and that it's possible they will never hatch.  I like that idea, but I like the idea of being rid of them even better.  I think this is one of those times where the only option is to wait and see if my testing stays at zeros for a long while.  This is the first time I have tested negative for Babesia and the first time I have tested negative for all 3 infections.  This is progress.

In addition, this is also the first time that my highest number is a 3.  Remember 1 = #1 problem, big deal, bad news.  SO right now my worst issues are probably parasites, toxins, and mold.  Each of those is substantial enough to make some one really sick.  I've still got a bit of work to do, but I'm coming along and making progress.

What I was most curious about was the naturopath's discovery of a genetic mutation that effects the way my body metabolizes folic acid.  The mutation is called MTHFR and is probably more common then most people think.  The key thing about this mutation, for me, is that it causes blockages in the detox pathways.  I'm beginning to suspect that a lot of the reason I still have such severe neurological symptoms is because I'm not properly detoxing.  Expensive lab tests are required to confirm exactly which mutation I have and the complexities of how it is effecting my body.  This MTHFR issue causes lots of deficiencies in vitamins and minerals.  These showed up in my biofeedback testing and again in my muscle testing.  My body really wanted B vitamins, folic acid, fatty acids, zinc, etc to address this problem and the associated imbalances.  For now that's all the confirmation I get on this issue.  I have started the protocol for treating this detox issue and I hope it will help me to feel better.  I suspect that I will be doing some lab work soon to get more info because this is a really complex health issue.  I'll do a separate post soon that goes into detail on this mutation and it's significance.

For now, I'm trying to recover from an episode of pretty bad neurological symptoms and twitching.  I'm starting a new protocol that focuses on MTHFR and detoxing and I'll be looking into figuring out where there could be mold in our house and buying an ionizer to help clear the air.  I'm optimistic that we have finally found the piece of the puzzle that will make all the other pieces fall into place.  This MTHFR thing is something I'm going to have to attend to for a long time, possibly for ever, but taking a few vitamins and some folic acid are no biggie if it means I can finally start feeling good and get back to living life.

I hope all of you are finding what you need to live happy and healthy lives.  Thank you for being with me on this journey. 

Questions, comments, and words of encouragement are always welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you very much. I agreee with your article, this really helped me. I appreciate your help. Thanks a lot. Good website.
    White Lotus Clinic

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. I'm glad it helped you. Helping others is my primary reason for writing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keri. I see that some time has past and was wondering how these issues are resolving. I have been doing much research on the mthfr mutation since My Chiro in chicago found the same result from using muscle testing. I am learning muscle testing on my own as well and wondered how they concluded the mthfr mutation? If your still interested in treating mthfr Thorn research a supplement specifically for this mutation. I have found that not all folic acid is created equal. We need a very specific molecular formula to be effective.

    If you interested here is the item. I will be ordering this product. This one seems to be the best that I have found so far. Pure Ecapsulations has something similar but the Thorn product seems better balanced.

    http://www.thorne.com/Products/Aging/Cognitive_Support/prd~SF789.jsp

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, thanks for you comments. Well... I can say that my good days are progressively getting better, but my bad days, the ones where I have a lot of neurological symptoms and twitching still happen more often then I'd like and they are just as bad. Well, maybe there is a slight improvement, but it's really my worst issue and it's pretty dramatic when it happens.
      I first identified the MTHFR issue using biofeedback or a zyto type machine. Then I did lab work to confirm it, but I could tell just from looking at the flow charts of symptoms and issues that I for sure had problems with this. In fact I think most of my remaining symptoms are from detox and other genetic issues. I'm still learning about this and modifying my protocol to my individual needs. The best advice I can give at this point is that every one is different, we all need treatments tailored to our unique bodies and once we know we have these issues we have to eat tons of produce especially green foods and berries. Good luck with your journey and thank you for sharing your info with me. This is such new stuff that we have to educate ourselves and I appreciate your sharing what you know.

      Delete
  4. Hi Keri!
    I'm megan from methyl-nation. I am having some serious technical issues including, how do I follow you? LOL!!!!
    are you still lyme free?
    I'm doing similar of not the same tx as you with muscle testing and using a mead machine. Started des bio about three weeks ago.
    I think my biggest issue right now is AF. But having lyme in my body doesn't help this. So of course the layer of having lyme is an issue ;)
    If you cold give me some pointers on how i can follow you i would be pleased as punch. I haven't' blogged in months. I need to get back to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keri--
    Twitching is one of my worst symptoms. Right now it's mostly under control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Megan,

    I am sorry to hear that twitching is one of your symptoms too. I finally figured out that mine is a symptom of histamine intolerance or MCAD mast cell activation disorder. I hope to be writing about that soon.

    Yes I am still lyme free :-) I continue to monitor it just to make sure that if it decides to pop up I will catch it quickly.

    I am not sure what you mean by AF.

    If you view the blog from your computer there are a couple of options in the right hand side bar for subscribing or following the blog. Thanks for asking.

    Hang in there, it gets better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...