Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Have Lyme and I'm Lucky

You might be asking yourself why I think I'm lucky to have Lyme. Well, I'm lucky because of all the wonderful things that have happened since I figured out that I have Lyme Disease and I wanted to share with you some of the things I appreciate and feel grateful for that never would have happened if I hadn't discover that I have Lyme.

I'm lucky because:

- i know what is causing my aches and pains, and various other symptoms. Some people have a really hard time getting diagnosed and go for decades not getting the diagnosis and treatment they deserve.

- i have a wonderful friend Natalie aka. Squirrel who was so generous and paid for me to see our Naturopath who first diagnosed me with Lyme.

- there are Lyme Literate Drs. near by and I had several to choose from and was able to find a good one only 20 minutes away.

- we have insurance that pays for some of my needs.

- i have a wonderful husband who works really hard at several jobs to pay for just about everything we/I need. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I didn't have him. He's what is getting me through this.

- we can afford most of the natural treatments that help to ease the symptoms and aid the healing process.

- i have figured out that I'm not a wimpy person who can't do as much as other people, I'm not getting older yet, I'm not loosing my mind, and the pain is real because I'm sick.

- i have discovered that there are wonderful people in the world who will step up to help others even if they don't know them very well.

- i have discovered who my real friends are and who I can really count on in times of need. And, when I needed money they stepped up to the challenge and dug deep into their pockets and gave.

- i have made lots of new wonderful supportive and amazing friends, like Janine. Too bad so many of them live far away.

- i have discovered my inner artist and my talent for creating jewelry. I finally feel like a creative person.

- i have learned to like new foods. My limited diet has created situations where i have had to be more willing to eat strange or seemingly yucky things and consequently discovered they're not so bad after all.

- i have learned a lot about how the body works and what herbs are good for healing a variety of ailments.

- because i have a situation where I can survive with not working for a while and focus my energy on healing.

- it could be worse. While this is by far the worst thing I have ever experienced, it could be much worse. I can still walk and talk, and do many things. And I'm not dying. I will survive this, and I will get my life back. This too shall pass.

For all of those things and many many more, I AM LUCKY.

1 comment:

  1. So true Kerri! To every coin is there the other side. It's so great to be reminded of that. I'm blessed to know you my friend! I'm blessed that we can share this path together. Cant wait for our fundraiser! Were gonna rock it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...