Friday, May 1, 2009

A not so good day

On the 28th I finally had my visit with the rheumatologist. He asked me lots of questions, reviewed my medical history and my long list of test results, and poked me all over while asking me to stretch and turn this way and that. After a while he said, that I didn't have the right symptoms to have Lyme disease and that I was presenting like a classic case of fibromyalgia. He ordered a few more tests to check for random things like vitamin D level, and Hepatitis C, etc. He said he didn't expect anything from these tests either, but he wanted to rule out long shots. He advised me to take a sleeping pill and work with my doctor to find a suitable course of treatment. Being a person who does not completely believe in western medicine I have not picked up the sleeping pill prescription. I will find something at the health food store that will do the trick I'm sure. I only wish I had that certain something Wednesday night.

I haven't been sleeping very well this past week. I have been having crazy tension dreams and tossing and turning in pain. I think Emiliano is getting tired of me constantly wanting to switch sides of the bed with him in the middle of the night. Wednesday night was especially difficult because my entire back hurt and I just could not find a comfortable position. After Emiliano went to work and I had the whole bed to myself I was finally able to arrange a series of pillows to support all the hurty places and I slept until 11:45.

After I got up I still didn't feel rested and I hurt all over. I spent much of the day sitting around wondering what I did to cause this particular episode of pain. Was I sore from the long walk Ambrosia and I took on Wednesday? Was it the sugar and wheat in the cookies Emiliano brought home from the Pacific Cookie Company? or maybe a reaction to the giant plate of french fries I ate on Monday at the pool hall? I haven't been remembering to take my supplements regularly, maybe it's that. Or perhaps I simply did too much this week. I suppose I will never know. But when you feel so tired that a trip to the grocery store takes it out of you for the rest of the day you have to wonder if there was something you did that you can avoid later because you don't want every step to hurt.

I slept a lot better last night and I feel okay today. I have a friend coming over to bead with me and I think today will be a better day.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better today...but sorry to hear you're still struggling with this. Hang on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. My ankle and hip flexor are still sore. The funny thing is that I'm probably not actually sore, but just happen to be feeling pain in those places right now. Even though it was hard we should walk together every time we see each other.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...