Tuesday, May 12, 2009

National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day


Today is National Firbromyalgia Awareness Day!

Fibromyalgia affects nearly 10 million people in the United States and about 3-6% of the world population, most of them are women. Today I'm asking you to take a few minutes to educate yourself about this condition, and support everyone you know who experiences the symptoms of FMS.

I have been doing a lot of research and I have come to a really good place with all of this. I am learning to listen to my body and not ignore the messages it is sending me. I am taking really good care of myself by eating well, drinking a lot of water, taking my supplements, and getting up and moving as much as possible. Lately I have been stretching/doing yoga, going on walks, gardening, playing pool, making tons of jewelry, cooking, and I even survived a zumba class. I still have good days and less good days, but I'm beginning to feel that I can manage this and get back in the game. I only wish I could drive longer distances so that I could go visit all my friends.


Thanks so much to everyone who has called, emailed, asked how I am, visited, helped out around the house, made food, and invited me to hang out. It really helps to have good friends around to enjoy life with. Please check out the links below to learn more about fibromyalgia.


General info about FMS and National Fibro Day



Interesting info with details and science facts



Info on how to best support people with Fibromyalgia



HAPPY SPRING!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...