Monday, April 6, 2009

Not so relaxing facial

Hosanna and I went to the spa yesterday.  We had good massages and then a long soak in a hot bath followed by not so good facials.  While we were lying on the tables I could feel Hosanna thinking about all the chemicals in the products being aggressively rubbed into her face.  I wondered why she wanted to have a facial considering her dislike for conventional beauty products.  Then I was jolted out of my relaxation by a mud mask that stung and felt like it was burning my skin.  The girl removed it and tried another product which burned a little less.  She followed it up with an under eye cream that also made me wonder if my skin would be peeling soon.  We noticed their huge display of Dermalogica products while we were there and today we did some research about them.  We looked them up through the Environmental Working Group's data base called Skin Deep and discovered that lots of the products contained banned ingredients as well as ingredients known to cause cancer.    Then I looked up some of the "natural" beauty products I buy at the Health Food Stores and was shocked to see that even the healthier alternatives I use are very dangerous.  Hosie showed me a video which I would love for you all to watch, especially my girl friends and friends with babies.  It is very interesting.  Take a look at these two website to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...