Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nutritional IV

On Wednesday I had my first nutritional IV per recommendation from my new and wonderfully nice LLND. It was a mineral IV with extra vitamin C, 15 grams, and a glutathione(sp) push at the end. The IV tech was really good and I didn't even feel it. I kicked back in a big comfy chair and let the hot pink bag of liquids go to work. As I understand it it's supposed to help with detox and making sure I have all the essentials since I'm not digesting properly.

I was going to sleep but there was this awesome old guy (84 years old, but looked late 60's at most) on his smart phone making dates with ladies while getting an IV to keep himself "young and healthy" and I was too distracted to sleep. I felt a little bit better at first, but then on the car ride home I felt worse and worse until I finally got home and slept for about 3 hours. I felt a little better after that. Went to bed early and slept in late, and still I'm tired. All these new meds are causing me to herx big time. I'm just pushing through and doing what I can despite the burning knees and fatigue. I have a really good feeling about this Dr. and his treatments. I really good feeling.

2 comments:

  1. I've had these before! Did you experience a hot sensation in your lower stomach on it?

    Did it affect your stomach at all? Once I got terrible wind after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no stomach or digestion differences that I've noticed. However, they kept the levels of all the goodies pretty low because I was already herxing and he didn't want to make it worse. I'll keep this in mond for next time. Thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...