Sunday, December 12, 2010

Crazy Rash

WOAH that was weird!

Last night as I was getting ready for bed I started experiencing new symptoms and they came on really fast. At first I was noticing that I wasn't cold at all. My hands and feet were warm HORAY!! Then, my face started feeling hot and I had a burning sensation that traveled from my nose up my forehead and then across my cheeks into my ears and with in a minute or so my forearms started burning. At first I just took notice, but then the burning and heat got worse rapidly and I felt like my face was swelling around my nose and forehead and certain parts of my face hurt to move.

I looked in the bathroom mirror to discover that my entire face and chest were covered in a BRIGHT RED splotchy rash and I mean RED. Weird this all came on so fast. My husband then noticed that my entire body was covered in this splotchy rash. It seemed to be worse on my face and major joints. Then, I started shaking. It wasn't because I was freaked out, which I was a little because If felt like my face was swelling around my nose and eyes. Even so I totally understood that with Lyme anything can happen. This was new though and I hadn't heard about it before so it seemed strange. We considered taking me to the ER, but they never know what to do with us Lymies so instead I called my friend Ashley at 11:30 and woke her up.

She was able to tell me that the same exact thing has happened to her several times and that it is some kind of weird reaction to the samento I'm taking. I just need to lower the dose for a bit and hopefully it will go away. She said the shaking was adrenaline and that it should all pass in about an hour. She was right, within an hour I was sound asleep and no rash today. Wow that was a weird one.

I don't think you really get the whole effect from these late night photos, but here they are.


5 comments:

  1. Samento is VERY powerful. I'm not sure how your taking it, but for us we took 1 drop in am and pm for a week, then 2 drops, then 3 and so on until we got to full dose, wich is 15 drops in the am and 15 in the pm. It took 2-3 months to get to full dose. Take it easy my friend. So sorry about the rash! Has it cleared up? I still have my rash and its been over a year!!!! Hope yours goes away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice. I'll be talking with my Dr. aboutit this week. The rash is totally gone today. I think it was some kind of shock, but I don't really know. I hope it never happens again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. called and it turns out it was something called niacin flush. http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/niacin-flush.html

    I'm not taking it anymore until I see him on Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the weird and strange symptoms that come with this illness.... Why does everything have to be a puzzle? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. so..after seeing the Dr. he says sorry for not warning me about the niacin flush. he felt bad about it. I don't blame him, he had a lot to tell me in that first apt. I had nice and toasty hands and feet while taking the niacin, and it opens of the blood passage ways allowing more blood to flow, more oxygen, and more detox to occur, so I'm going to give it a try again only this time I'm going to find the lowest dosage I can and cut them in half. I'm so sensitive to everything that a little should go a long way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...