Wednesday, October 21, 2009

CD-57

Sorry for the delay. I did get my test results and had another appointment with my Lyme Dr. on Oct. 5th. She reviewed everything with me and said that I'm doing pretty well compared to other patients she has. She said my increase in pain is due to the meds working and killing off the lil buggers and that I have lots of dead things floating around in my body so I have to up my detox program. She suggested I drink tons of water, take a homeopathic liquid detox med, soak in HOT baths with Epsom salt, hot tub/sauna for at least 20 minutes, take anti-inflammatories, and use those detox foot pads. I increased my baths, am taking some of my supplements again to help with inflammation (zyflamend is awesome stuff), Advil twice a day, arnica rub downs nightly and arnica caps daily, detox kit daily, and I have started using those detox foot patch things, so gross what comes out of your feet. I think I'm going to need these by the case!

As far as test results go, she said that my white blood cell count is low suggesting a co-infection of Erlichia. She said it'd difficult to distinguish from Lyme because it's symptoms are nearly identical and it rarely occurs without Lyme. That doesn't change anything in my treatment, just gives more info. The CD-57 test also came back. The score for "normal" ranges form 60-360, a score in the 50s or below is concerning, scores in the teens mean you've got a very long uphill fight, single digits mean you might not recover or survive (I have a friend who recovered from single digit scores!!!! Our Dr. told her several times she might not make it and should begin making plans. So scary.) My score was 60! This is a good place to start. However, it doesn't mean very much until we have a few more scores to compare it to. Scores can vary on a person from day to day and even hour to hour, so we need to get several scores with an upward trend for months to know that we are on the right track. If nothing changes in the score, then we switch meds to attack it a different way. She said that her goal is to get me into the 250s and stay there for 3 months then she can have me back off on treatment and see how I do. We're hopping for at least a 10 point improvement with my next test that I'll get at the end of November(I think). Darn Memory. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I'm SOOO Happy that your getting better Keri- such good news. Your pursuit for healing is inspiring- Your very dedicated to stick to your plan (meds, detox, etc.) It is paying off & will continue to pay off. Your an amazing woman! I love ya-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It sure helps to have friends like you who are patient and understanding!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...