Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Visiting with the Naturopath - Part 2

More on my experiences with naturopaths and biofeedback.

Since my first visit with the naturopath in nor-cal I have recommended her to several friends. When you know there's something not right happening with your body and your regular doctors can't or won't figure it out or you need a lot of answers at an affordable price, biofeedback is a handy tool. One of my good friends had many familiar symptoms, her husband had been ill off and on for years and they'd both seen tons of drs. They had biofeedback and found out that they also had Lyme Disease, co-infections, parasites, food sensitivities and the assortment of fun goodies that come with being world travelers and having Lyme. They're both on a path towards recovery.

More recently I went with a friend to visit this naturopath. My friend had mysterious digestive issues, fatigue, memory loss and a few other symptoms. It turned out that she has parasites from a sandy beach in Costa-Rica along with "total adrenal melt down", and a bunch of major food allergies. She was given a list of foods to avoid that was longer then mine, and was advised to do some further lab work and take many supplements to help kill the parasites and support digestion and adrenals. She had dramatic improvements in the first week of changing her diet and taking the herbs and such. It's so nice to see your friends start to feel better.

After that visit we both went home and told out husbands about it. They both agreed to see her and I made an apt for myself as well. The three of us went and got a bunch more valuable information. Her husband found out that he keeps getting pneumonia because some of the bacteria is hanging out in his gut. My husband found out that he has Lyme and co-infections. DANG IT! Dang it. DANG IT!!!!

I however, got really good news!!! My levels of infection for Lyme and friends are very low, lower then they've ever been. She said that what ever I'm doing is working and to keep up the good work because I'm almost there. Hooray!!!!!!!!! I so needed some good news. It was nice to know that the infection was getting better. But I was curious as to why I'm still so tired and worn down. She said that detoxing takes a lot of energy, my immune system hasn't rebounded yet, and I'm still dealing with adrenal fatigue, and parasites. Okay, so I've still got some work to do, but it isn't all Lyme and that's great!

I was really bummed about my husband though. I'm bummed that he has it, that I probably gave it to him, that he has to go through the hell of treatment, and that we have to delay trying to have a baby until we're both free of Lyme. Not that I want to have a baby with the way I'm feeling and how weak I still am, but the thought that it could be happening some day soonish was really nice. He's going to start rotating through some of the leftover herbs and anti-microbials that I have left over. I'm hoping that his immune system is much stronger then mine and that he'll stay mostly symptom free and will get better really quickly once he starts attacking it.

So, if you want details on who this wonderful naturopath is, just contact me. I'd be happy to share. I really believe that she can help people with a wide variety of health issues. Remember the first time I saw her I was simply complaining about feeling a little tired and some pain.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keri!
    I'd love to know the name of the naturopath you're working with. I can be reached at briannalomba@gmail.com. Great to hear you are getting better :)
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brianna, I just sent you an email with some of her info. Let me know if I can be of more assistance. I'm always happy to help when I can.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...