Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Tests

So I'm slowly getting back test results from my Dr. It's intersting for my scientific brain to analyze all this data about my body. I find it fasinating and so confusing.

What I understand at this point is that the tests for Lyme and co-infections are detecting less which either means the level of infection is down or my immune system is thrashed and not producing antibodies. I'm leaning toward both. Both because I think my Lyme symptoms have generally improved over time, but I'm left with some lingering damage and side effects which need to be cleaned up. But I also know that my immune system is weak because my CD-57 test results came back at 38 which isn't much of an improvement over my last one of 22 many months ago. My Dr. says it's like my immune system doesn't care and has given up.

I also tested positive for two parasites one is an unknown parasite(possibly from exposure to pets?), and the other is enterobius vermicularis which is a very common pinworm. See this site for more info: http://www.earthtym.net/ref-pinworms.htm
I'm going to need to go on an anti-parasite protocol soon, just waiting for the call on which one. He says this unknown one may be what's wrecking my digestive system. So, hopefully getting rid of these will help my gut ballance out and then my immune system can rebuild and repair. That would be really nice.

My rsults for candida came back negative. I find this part confusing becaues I've currently got a nasty case of oral thrush in my mouth which is candida. I'd like to talk more about this with him.

I had some other tests that weren't so hot, but I can't remember what they were and I'm waiting for my copies of them. I'll let you all know how it goes and what additional info I recieve.

I've also gotten the okay to reduce the number of meds I take down to the truly essential. I've been doing this for about a week now and already I feel a little bit better. I think I was taking too much and I suspect many of the things I was on were causing the digestive upset. I won't get any more specific then that. Not everyone wants to hear potty talk and I can respect that. :-)

And, finally the last change is that I'm borrowing an Earthing Band from my freind Ashley. It plugs into the gound socket of the outlet and helps to ground the electrical current of our bodies. I'm on day 4 now and I think it's helping me to sleep deeper and I think my brain fog is a bit better. I've heard lots of other Lyme patients say it's been a great tool for them so i figured I might as well try it. The science behind it makes since to me and someof my friends have done lots of research on it so hey, no harm done, why not?

For more infor on Earthing check out: http://www.earthinginstitute.net/

One more step in the right direction. YES!

6 comments:

  1. whatever happened with the rife machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had to give it back because she got bit by a tick and wanted to use it again. I'd really like to get one of my own. I think it was really good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been known to do too much potty talk : ) I find it quite funny.

    Sounds like a mish mash of results and things to get your head around.

    Hopefully you'll see some better results soon... x : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Treya, that's exactly how I feel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all better watch out giving me permission to potty talk could result in TMI.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...