Monday, January 17, 2011

Crustless Quiche


Here is one of the items that regularly shows up on my weekly menu at home. To most it's quiche without the crust for us it's disappearing leftovers quiche. We call it that because it's a great way to get rid of all sorts of leftovers and random nubs of things hanging around.

In this particular one I used sun dried tomato chicken sausages, potatoes, chard, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, veggie cheeses, zucchini, garlic, onion, and seasonings. It was one of the best versions I have ever made. It's so yummy and so easy to make. My husband likes it, it's filling, and makes great leftovers. You can even eat it for breakfast the next morning.



Some other ingredients that go well in this dish are:

rice of any kind or flavor
lentils
broccoli
bacon
any leftover meat
hash browns even frozen ones
yellow squash
mushrooms
quinoa
or anything else you can think of

HOW TO MAKE CRUSTLESS QUICHE:

1. preheat over to around 375

2. pull out all leftovers and assorted veggies from fridge

3. cut all veggies into small pieces trying to keep sizes uniform

4. put all your veggies into a glass pie pan, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt pepper, other seasonings ex. turmeric, Italian seasonings, garlic or garlic powder, etc. and stir until evenly coated

5. add meats and cheeses and stir again

6. fill pie pan close to full with yummy nibbles

7. Crack lots of fresh eggs, add a splash of milk (I use rice milk) and whisk. Usually requires 8-12 eggs

8. pour eggs into pie pan until all veggies and meat are covered with egg. You may need to crack more eggs if you have a lot of goodies in your pan.

9. cover with foil and carefully transfer to oven.

10. bake until mostly solid, then remove foil and bake until a knife comes out clean or the eggs in the center look fully cooked.

11. Bon appetite! (did I spell that right?)

Please try this recipe and leave a comment with your opinions, variations, suggestions, etc. I love getting ideas from others.

PS. Sorry about the quality of the photos. I've got the jewelry photography down, but I'm still working on how to photograph food. Also the lighting in the kitchen is weird. I'll figure it out someday.

2 comments:

  1. I made your quiche and it was delicious! I am going to write a blog about it very soon with all the delicious details! I think this might start to be one of my favorite recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie, I'm so glad you liked it. It's easy right? And what a great way to get rid of all those random left overs in the fridge.
    I feel similarly about your quinoa pilaf and will share that one soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...