Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Birthday Wish

This time of year people start asking me what I want for my birthday and then later for Christmas. I have a list of material things I would like to have and I've already been given a few of them. (thank you)

But, what I really truly want if I could have anything is to be healthy again. The pots and pans, fleece hoodie, cookbook, etc. that I want would all be so wonderful, but they won't help me get better.

I don't think this new Dr. is going to end up being "the Dr." What I really want is to find a really good Dr. that I can stick with for the long haul and come out the other side as healthy as possible. I've been checking in with others who have Lyme and I think I've got it narrowed down to 2 doctors in the Los Altos area, just over the hill.

So what I REALLY want for my birthday this year is to be able to afford to see these Drs. with great reputations who have helped people I know get better. Please if you were considering a gift I'd like to ask that you donate to my treatment fund instead. I know it may seem socially unacceptable to flat out ask for money, but I've tried everything I can think of to fund raise for myself and I'm out of ideas. I just don't know what else to do.

I already have $200 set aside and I need $240 more. That's my goal $240 dollars. If everyone who read this donated just $5 I could schedule my first apt. with one of them. I'll keep you updated with how it goes.

I'm hoping that next year I'll be able to throw a party to celebrate being healthy again.

Thanks for all the little thing you all do to offer support. It means a lot. It really, really does.

3 comments:

  1. Really? Just $5? I think I can do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda!

    And THANK YOU Heather!

    Just $185 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Katie, you've outdone yourself with gifts this year :-) I'm goign to enjoy that bath soak you gave me as well tonight.

    I'm at $85 dollars raised and just need $155 to be able to schedule my next apt.

    Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...