Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lyme Update

Since I last posted an update about my health a few things have happened. Emiliano and I have done a lot of research about Lyme disease, diagnosis, and treatment. We are reading two books, speaking with friends and family, and even went to a Lyme support group last week. I have received the test results from the Igenex lab in Palo Alto. They were indeterminate, neither positive or negative. That is frustrating. Now I have an appointment on July 30th to see a Lyme literate doctor in Watsonville, Dr. Talty. She was recommended to me by the lyme group members. Hopefully she will be able to confirm the diagnosis given by my naturopath and get me on a comprehensive treatment plan. I will let you know what happens after that visit. Right now I am just taking things one day and one step at a time and beginning to incorporate new ideas from these books into my life in hopes of beginning to feel better.

Current symptoms:

Migrating pain, forgetfulness, mood swings, overwhelmed feeling, processing difficulties, digestive issues, sleep disturbances, blurry vision, headaches, trouble driving, I can't even remember all of my symptoms. In general I just feel run down and weak like you might if you were getting sick. Sometimes I have better days and others I just feel sluggish and out of it. Even through all of this I remain really happy on the inside and I am so looking forward to getting my life back.


Emiliano has been great in supporting me through this and has done so many things for me that I can't thank him enough. Thank you also to everyone who has called or emailed to check in with me. It is so great to have friends and family support during this rough time. I'm not getting out and about as much because I don't feel good about driving. Please know you are all welcome to stop by and say hi anytime. I'm home a lot and will likely be here.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...