Sunday, June 28, 2009

LYME

Over the past few months I have been experiencing more symptoms. Aside form the daily pain, I am now having neurological symptoms. I am forgetting things, having a hard time remebering, and normal activities are getting challenging. I keep bumping into things, my typing, spelling, and writing are getting sloppy. I'm tired every day even though I sleep about 10 hours or more every night. This is not fun.

Thanks to a very generous donation form Natalie (squirrel), I was able to go and have another visit with Treya Palmer, a Naturopath in Sonoma County. She told me a year ago that she thought I could be getting Lyme and this time she said that I have it. This would explain my symptoms and why they are getting worse.

I suspect I got it at Camp Cazadero in May of '06 while I was working as a naturalist. Shortly after that I started getting arm and neck pains, and getting really tired. I thought I was just getting burnt out from my job, but I haven't felt not tired since then.

Treya has me on a whole bunch of supplements some of which are antibiotic and antibacterial. I'm also getting acupuncture from our friend Karen. Emiliano and I have been working hard to get me tested and treated through our insurance, but it is a slow process. We've dropped off my blood at a lab in Palo Alto and hopefully they will be able to provide us with a positive test result so that I can get on antibiotics and get rid of this yucky thing.

There is a documentary out right now about Lyme and the medical and political climate surrounding it. We have seen it and it is very interesting. It likely won't be in theaters for long so please go out and see it asap if it is playing near you. It's important with this film to get large numbers of viewers in the theaters so that the associated industries know this is an important issue. Check it out at www.underourskin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...